Your hydronic central heating system including the boiler or heat pump will work at maximum efficiency if it is serviced and cleaned on a regular basis. If left for too long, a small problem can turn into a bigger and more costly repair. It is recommended that water quality be tested annually and your system serviced regularly to prevent corrosion and system failure.
Over time, rust, debris and limescale can build up in your hydronic system affecting the operation of the boiler/heat pump and your panel radiators or underfloor slab heating. This mud-like sludge blocks up pipes and valves creating circulation and flow problems that affect heating efficiency.
Your central heating system may need a service if:
- It is slow to warm up
- Some rooms are colder than others
- The radiator panels are colder at the bottom than the top
- The boiler is getting noisier
- Radiator water is dirty and discoloured
- It is costing more to run the system.
A power flush is recommended every five years and will extend the life of your hydronic heating system. Highlands GeoExchange offers a cleaning and flushing service using the latest technology. Our flushing equipment will loosen the rust and sludge that has built up in the pipes and purge it from the system. We will then check the water running through the system to ensure that it is clean and add inhibitor to prevent further corrosion.
Benefits of power flushing your system:
- Prevents flow and circulation problems
- Restores system efficiency
- Cleans the whole system including underfloor pipework
- Reduces pump failure problems
- Better heat distribution through radiators and in slab piping
- Cures or prevents boiler noise.