Winter is coming – don’t get left out in the cold.
As you prepare to spend more time indoors due to COVID-19, now is the time to ensure your hydronic heating system won’t let you down in the cooler months. Get in early and check whether your hydronic central heating system needs to be serviced/cleaned to ensure it is operating at maximum efficiency.
Over time, hydronic systems such as panel radiators or underfloor slab heating get a build up of limescale, rust and debris. This mud-like sludge can block pipes and valves which will affect efficiency and cause damage to your system if left for too long.
Your central heating system may need cleaning and flushing if you have the following issues:
- It is taking a long time to warm up
- Some rooms are colder than others
- The radiator panels are colder at the bottom than at the top
- It is costing more to run
- The boiler is getting noisier
The benefits of cleaning and flushing your central heating system:
- Cures flow and circulation problems
- Restores system efficiency
- Restores heat output to radiators
- Cleans the whole system, including underfloor pipework
- Reduces pump failure problems
- Treatment prevents further corrosion
- Cures or prevents boiler noise
- Minimises boiler warranty problems
Highlands GeoExchange provides a cleaning and flushing service using the latest technology. Our flushing equipment will loosen the rust and sludge that has built up in your system and flush it out. We will then check the water running through the system to ensure that it is clean and add inhibiter.
A power flush will extend the life of your hydronic heating system, and you should also notice other benefits including lower energy bills and better heat distribution in your radiators and rooms.
For further information or to book a service contact Highlands GeoExchange.